Occupational therapists in Sydney
treat injured, ill and disabled people. The therapists help them to develop, improve and maintain the skills which are needed for daily living. However, occupational therapists are the only doctors who help people to do the things they want and need to do by therapy. They facilitate in maintaining the barriers that a person is facing either mentally, emotionally, or physically with assistance in aiding daily activities. The therapists contribute to boosting self-esteem and a sense of achievement in the patients.
Whereas, they treat children by developing their motor skills so that they may easily grasp the toys, improving eye and hand coordination, and instilling the ability to achieve physical independence. Furthermore, the patients who need occupational therapy are with birth injuries, traumatic injuries, learning problems, autism, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, mental health or behavioural problems, broken bones, or other orthopaedic injuries, language development delays in Sydney
, post-surgical conditions, autism spectrum disorder in Sydney
, burns, spina bifida, traumatic amputations, cancer, and multiple sclerosis.
The paediatric occupational therapists in Sydney
provide a stress-free service you need by assisting in;
Occupational therapist responsibilities:
Since, occupational therapy is a specialised field in the healthcare line of work, with a solemn obligation to treat patients with physical and psychological incapacities. Therefore, it requires an advanced level study, related experience, and continuous series of professional development training to be a competent Occupational therapist Sydney, requires a complete undergraduate degree of four years in Occupational therapy for a person to become an Occupational Therapist.
The key responsibilities of the occupational therapist include:
- Evaluation of patients needs and condition
- Reviewing patient’s medical history, observing them in performing multiple tasks, and asking patients about their lifestyle.
- Development of treatment plan for the patients. Moreover, identification of the specific goals as well as types of activities that patient like to do and keep himself involved
- Helping people suffering from various disabilities by performing different tasks such as guiding the stroke victim to overcome the situation.
- Guiding about different exercises like stretching of legs in a special way to relieve pain in joints.
- Evaluation of the workplace and patient’s home to provide the best ways to improve their lifestyles.
- Educating patient’s families as well as an employer to accommodate and taking care of the patient in the best way.
- Recommendation for special equipment and teaching the patients to use it. For example, helping people to learn to use an electric wheelchair.
- Last but not least thing is to record and assess patient’s activities and progress for the evaluation of patients. Moreover, the reporting to healthcare providers and physicians.
The occupational therapist & health professional responsibilities are tough and they have to properly monitor the patient’s activities to help them get a better lifestyle. It is his duty to devise such methods that patients don’t feel discouraged and stressed rather want to live a satisfactory life. Thus, occupational therapists implement all techniques to give the patient the lifestyle so he can lead a happy life.